Saturday, November 16, 2013

Marketing for Free on Facebook

So much more than just a social arena for friends and family, Facebook has become a goldmine for marketers. This venue is a place where millions of people already interact. Although Facebook offers directed advertising for a fee, there are plenty of ways to market your business for free on Facebook. One of the best ways to engage your readers is to host contests. I have already posted this one that was mildly effective.

I got a lot of responses and shares, and it reached over 500 people, but only two new likes resulted in that effort. I plan to create another more polished contest using Shortstack or Pagedomo, since the type of contest I created here is actually against Facebook policy.

Here are a couple of the other marketing posts, one that I have already posted, and one that is scheduled.

In an attempt to get readers familiar with my new business blog, I have a post scheduled for December 31st giving readers a couple of pieces of information regarding this upcoming tax filing season. I opted to use the whole URL instead of a call to action hyperlink so that people can see that it's my company blog, possible leading to a subscribing user.
Another way to keep readers engaged is to post humorous topic-related videos on the business. Who hasn't spent a longer-than-expected portion of an afternoon watching funny videos on youtube? The difficulty for me has been finding funny tax or immigration videos- not exactly comedy material. After a lengthy search, I found a parody H&R Block video that I turned into a witty ad for my business.

Additionally, I plan to explore hosting an Event on Facebook. I haven't played around with this enough yet to actually create one, but I will consider a free seminar or webinar.

As with my wife's business, the key to success in online marketing is building relationships and gaining credibility. My hope is that my posts will do just that.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, Mella. I might just do that. As far as the calendar, it's funny, my wife does give out a calendar to her clients, except she hands them out as a gift when they do their taxes with her. It gives them an added indentive to come in. It's a small gesture but surprisingly one that her clients look forward to and have come to expect.

      Delete
  2. I think the webinar is actually a great idea. might I suggest that you create a Google Hangout where you can offer free advice or money savings strategies. You don't even have to sell people on free. Make it an event on FB and G+. Convert some of the advice into future FB and Twitter posts. At the end of the hangout make sure to leave your business contact information so people can get in touch with you for follow-up questions. Great idea! And congratulations on your current efforts.

    ReplyDelete