Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Facebook Analytics for Seaside Family Services



After reviewing the Facebook analytics for my business page, I came across some interesting data. Apparently, those that like my page are online only slightly more on weekends, and they are online at all hours of the day, with the most being active at 10:00 p.m. This is truly insightful, because I can now gauge the best time to post. What I thought was one of my best posts only reached 22 people. That could be due to the time it was posted. Additionally, that post was a link. Through the post overview, I was able to see that my lowest reached posts happened to be links. Perhaps I might change my post types to mostly pictures and polls. 

Reviewing the People analytics, I saw that most of my fans are women and the largest age group is 25 – 34 years of age. This would be a good thing to track on a regular basis as my page likes increase. They can give me a lot of insight into the topic and tone of my posts. Although most of our clients are of Hispanic origin, only 3 of them view Facebook in Spanish. This means that I cannot assume my Facebook fan base is a microcosm for all of my business clients. Clearly, it is a distinct subsection of my clientele that actually use Facebook. I also see that the vast majority of my fans live in Oceanside. This is what I assumed, but it is great to get that confirmation and know that I can see if this changes.

Lastly, these analytics have shown me that I need to work a little harder on getting people engaged in my posts. I had a lot of success with one specific post, but the others have not had the success I would like. I got pretty far into creating an ad a few weeks ago when that was part of our assignment. Facebook later sent me an email with a credit for $50 in free Facebook advertising. I plan to use this to boost some of my better posts that did not have the reach I would have like them to. I may also finalize one of the ads I started. I feel like I need to increase my page likes before I send them out, however.

I assume that what was supposed to happen during this week was a jump in our page visits and engagement, but to this point I have not seen much. Maybe others have not had a chance to like pages and post comments, but I wanted to get this all out of the way before Thanksgiving. J I’ll post a reply to this blog if anything changes dramatically. Have a great Thanksgiving teachers and classmates! 

2 comments:

  1. Great demographic information. Make sure to echo that demographic of women 25-24 in Oceanside when creating your ad. The narrower you can get your target market the better. Did you get any good feedback through conversations on the posts you created. Make sure to ask questions and give feedback about events you are having all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are doing an excellent job in this class....wish I understood it as well as you do.

    ReplyDelete