Thursday, October 10, 2013

Business "likes"

After contemplating this week's lecture and the practice of "liking" another page, I chose 7 Featured Likes for my wife's business page, Seaside Family Services. Since it is a business that provides multiple services, I focused on the two most lucrative and most often performed services: Immigration and Income Tax Preparation. 

TaxWise, the tax preparation software my wife uses, and the IRS have Facebook pages and I have included those pages on my Featured Likes. These two pages seem to post content her tax client followers would like. Reforma Migratoria is a Spanish language page (most of her clients are Spanish-speakers) that offers valuable information, events, and resources about Immigration Reform, a hot topic among her clients. I saw that a handful of her clients "like" this page as well. Clearly, this is a "place" where her customers hang out. I also included the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and a USCIS Info page in my Featured Likes. I plan to look for a few more Spanish pages to feature on my page.

Lastly, I included the Women's Resource Center, a group home for battered and/or abused women on my Featured Likes. I chose this page for multiple reasons. First of all, the location is on the same block as our storefront. A few of their residents have become our clients. In addition, it shows a value system for the company. 

I have also liked a couple of her competitors' pages to see what they are posting, as well as get a pulse on the client base. The anecdote in our textbook about the Las Vegas hotels really made an impact. Clearly, keeping an eye on competitor pages is a useful and lucrative tool. 

This feature of Facebook is one I was aware of but had not seen the value of practicing l until having read this week's lecture and chapters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment