Sunday, October 20, 2013

Competitors' visual platforms

Looking at the two biggest tax preparation companies I know of (H&R block and Jackson-Hewitt) and the visual social media platforms they are employing, I discovered YouTube is the most popular. These companies are huge franchises with equally large advertising and marketing departments. They have the time, energy, and resources to invest into this endeavor. They have robust videos with tax tips and interesting interviews with tax experts. Their videos boast rich graphics and branding strategies. This platform proves very useful and effective for both these companies.

Seaside Family Services is a very small business consisting of an employee field of my wife and my in-laws. Clearly, we don't have the resources to be creating and posting videos. The visual platform I decided to employ is Instagram. I am familiar with it and I think, since it is a small business where clients feel like family, followers would enjoy a backstage pass into the business and the life of its employees.

I discovered that none of the similar local small businesses in the area have any type of social media presence. I am excited at the prospect of taking advantage of this fact and reaching an untouched market.

No comments:

Post a Comment