Thursday, October 17, 2013

Visual Platforms

Of the four most popular visual social media platforms, the one I feel is best suited for my wife's business is Instagram. My wife is the face of her business. She essentially is the business. Her clients do not come back to her year after year because she does taxes like no one else can. Many other tax preparers out there could provide the same service. What brings them back is the personalized service they get when they come to see her every year.

Her clients have seen her family grow and feel like family when they walk through the door. Countless clients have asked my wife to create a Facebook account so they can get to know her more closely. Although she has to this point refused to create one, she can see the advantage of utilizing social media for business. Since I have a personal Instagram account, I could easily maintain the account and train her once the time comes to hand it over to her.

I considered some of the other platforms, but neither my wife nor I have the time to be creating videos or graphics. A simple photo with maybe a cool filter is easy and can give followers a backstage passed into the business. We can also visually display the company's ethics and values, as well as celebrate milestones or events like immigration clients obtaining their citizenship. I see a lot of potential in the use of this platform for this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment